English
 
Help Privacy Policy Disclaimer
  Advanced SearchBrowse

Item

ITEM ACTIONSEXPORT

Released

Journal Article

One Hundred Years of the Max‐Planck‐Institut für Kohlenforschung.

MPS-Authors
/persons/resource/persons58919

Reetz,  Manfred T.
Research Department Reetz, Max-Planck-Institut für Kohlenforschung, Max Planck Society;
Philipps-Universität Marburg, Fachbereich Chemie;

External Resource
No external resources are shared
Fulltext (public)
There are no public fulltexts stored in PuRe
Supplementary Material (public)
There is no public supplementary material available
Citation

Reetz, M. T. (2014). One Hundred Years of the Max‐Planck‐Institut für Kohlenforschung. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 53(33), 8562-8586. doi:10.1002/anie.201403217.


Cite as: http://hdl.handle.net/11858/00-001M-0000-0024-56D9-0
Abstract
This Essay is an account of the institutional and scientific development of the Max-Planck-Institut für Kohlenforschung in Mülheim an der Ruhr (Germany), which is the successor to the Kaiser-Wilhelm-Institut für Kohlenforschung founded in 1914. The Essay is divided into four main parts, corresponding to the four major periods which are closely associated with the respective Directors of the Institute from 1914 to 2014: 1) Franz Fischer; 2) Karl Ziegler; 3) Günther Wilke; and 4) the period beginning with Manfred T. Reetz, who established a directorate comprising five Directors of equal status, each heading a different research department under the banner of catalysis. Along with key historical events associated with the Institute, research highlights of the four periods are featured.